Find your next adventure in Scotland
Updated: Jan 3
What does adventure mean to you?
Is it a heart-pounding, adrenaline-fueled experience? Or is it simply exploring a new place and immersing yourself in a different culture?
Whatever your definition is, you'll find it in Scotland … there's just something about this wild and rugged country that lends itself to adventure.
From its misty rolling hills, dark forests, craggy castles, and ancient ruins to its culture-rich cities, history, and mystery await you around every corner. And there's always something new to discover.
For example, how many of the following facts did you know about this fascinating country?
1. Scotland's national animal is the unicorn.
2. Whisky (spelled without an "e") has been made in Scotland since the 15th century.
3. Loch Ness—home of the legendary Loch Ness monster—is actually the whisky's color.
4. There are nearly 800 islands in Scotland. Less than 100 of them are inhabited.
5. One of the oldest trees in Europe, the Fortingall Yew, located in Perthshire, Scotland, is believed to be at least 1,500 years old. Some even claim it could be more than 9,000 years old.
6. Scotland's University of St Andrews, founded in 1413, is the world's oldest university.
7. Scotland has more than 580 golf courses, making it the country with the most golf courses per capita in the world.
8. In 2017, Glasgow was voted the friendliest city in the UK.
9. Throughout history, Scottish people, have believed in fairies—and when you have the chance to explore Scotland's magical landscapes, especially The Highlands, you'll understand why.
10. Recently, Scotland has been at the forefront of the "rewilding" movement, which we think is fantastic. Learn more about rewilding.
But the best part of visiting Scotland is its incredible people.
You'll feel welcome wherever you go—whether a hole-in-the-wall pub or a 5-star luxury hotel. Everyone is so friendly, and it's evident that they care deeply about their country.
That's why we keep going back and why we continue to host group trips there. We have a hosted journey coming up in 2023. Check out the details and let us know if you want to join us: Kilt Tour 2023.
If you'd rather explore Scotland on your own, we can also help.
Whether you want to uncover your ancestral roots, immerse yourself in the stunning landscapes, or explore the rich culture of the cities, there's an unforgettable adventure waiting for you in Scotland.
Reach out today to start planning!